Would you like to join our 90 plus team of volunteers with a passion for fair trade and One World Goods? We welcome highly motivated volunteers who are committed to be advocates for global artisans and the products they produce. We have volunteer opportunities as sales associates in the store as well as other areas. In addition to being a sales associate, volunteers can choose to be on a committee or become a board member at a later time.
Our volunteer team is a tight knit group of individuals from various backgrounds. The success of One World Goods depends on the commitment, enthusiasm and dedicated efforts of volunteers. Each volunteer brings special strengths to the organization. It is an excellent opportunity to utilize professional skills you may have from a past life, learn something new and to make new friends.
Requirements & Duties
- Commit to becoming familiar with fair trade principles and practices in order to educate our customers about fair trade and economic justice.
- Excellent people and customer service skills
- Self-motivated and team player
- Transact sales using a computer
- Responsible, reliable and punctual
- Adhere to dress code & policies
- Vacuum, dust, and organize
- Mark products for sale
- Minimum volunteer age is 15 years
Shifts normally consist of 4 to 4.5 hrs. with a 15 minute break per shift. Flexible schedules are available with advance notice. Volunteers must commit to working two shifts a month on average for at least one year.
Volunteer applicants are required to attend an orientation session and a computer training session. Each session is 1.5 hours and ongoing training will be hands-on thereafter.
For more information, please contact us.
ONE WORLD GOODS